Thought leadership and blog writing can be an important part to building a consulting practice. Below are some ideas and guidelines for effective blog writing
Why should consulting psychologists blog?
- Blogging is an effective form of marketing
- Builds your “brand”
- Positions you as an expert
- Builds credibility
- Builds an audience
- Drives traffic and potential leads to your web site
- Improves SEO for organic searches
- Google likes sites with fresh, relevant content
- Frequent touch points with your client base
- Promotes ongoing communication with your client base
Blog strategies for consulting psychologists:
- A blogdoesn’t need to be a white paper — can be short and casual
- Blogs can be commentary on current events in our industry
- Can be as simple as re-purposing a well-thought-out client email or project
- Determine your tone you want to convey — Professional? Casual? Playful? Academic?
- Promote your thought leadership
- Use thought-provoking headlines
- Use engaging and keyword rich content for SEO
- Stick to a schedule that is reasonable for you. Monthly? Quarterly?