Thanks for participating in SCP Forum. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using the forum, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve forum discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. To preserve a climate that encourages both respectful and fruitful dialogue, the Society of Consulting Psychology reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all forum for members who violate these rules.
- Don’t challenge or attack others. The discussions on the forum are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them. Unless you are posting it on one of the resource threads.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a post message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- The SCP Forum is for current SCP members only. Please do not reproduce/send materials from the forum to others.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate topic(s). Do not spam several topics with the same message.
- When adding a new topic to the forum state concisely and clearly your subject in the topic title line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by topic.
- In this section, we would like all new and current members to introduce themselves and we expect community members to engage and welcome new members in. We may also suggest some current members you might want to get to know better based on your interest areas. Here are some guidelines and suggestions:
- Add a picture of yourself so we can recognize you when we hold events.
- Describe what you do. Looking for some guidance for how to start? Check out [insert a few examples of real members with good intros]
- Learn One, Teach One:
- Is there something you like to learn from the community that could be self-contained within a 30-60 minute call? If so, preface it with “#learn” and add some detail about what you need - the more specific, the more likely you will get responses.
- Do you have something you can teach someone else how to do, like branding, marketing, business development, publishing, etc that could be limited to a 30-60 minute call or a handout you can send? If so, preface it with “#teach” and add some detail about the offer.
- For example:
“#learn I would love if I could get some information about how to set up by consulting business.”“#teach I can offer anyone interested a templated pitch deck I use for all my prospects”
Alongside many of you, we've done some incredible work together, built some amazing things, and fostered a great community that is thriving today! As Community Domain Leader alongside my committee members: Joanne Lebrun, Pattie Weiter, Lindsey Shima, Sunni Lampasso, Kayin Banfield, Stefanie Mockler and Bridget Horan, I'll be continuing our work by fostering and cultivating the values of this amazing organization:
- Stimulating the exchange of knowledge, ideas, and consulting experiencing among psychologists
- Promoting psychological research and professional development in the area of consulting psychology
- Encouraging high standards of consultation
- Fostering cooperative relations with allied associations and all APA divisions and
- Advancing multiculturalism, internationalism, and diversity
- Connecting you with the right member(s) and resources
- Identifying opportunities within SCP that fit your interests
- Providing you with the tools to share your expertise
Hi SCP community,
I am Patti Weiter, SCP Marketing Chair under the Community Domain. This summer, I have been working on posting to our LinkedIn as a way to engage with our current members & potential new members. I am also working to get out some new episodes of the SCP Podcast
Other fast facts about me:
- I am based in Louisville, KY & currently serve as President-Elect of the Kentucky Psychological Association
- My consulting firm = Shine Psychology LLC
- Using positive organizational scholarship applications to optimize well-being & functionality in the workplace.
- Strengths, job crafting, resilience, psychological capital, change management
- Assessment, coaching, facilitation, and organizational consultation
- I have worked for VA for about 10 years
- Subcontract with Pixel Leadership Group/Jamie Lewis-Smith as an executive coach (She rocks!)
- I love karaoke & yoga, laughing at movie quotes with my husband, and have 3 young daughters
- Let's connect! https://www.linkedin.com/in/patti-weiter/
I'm Anika Wilson, a doctoral student in IO Psychology at Capella University. I am 65% complete with my Ph.D. (straight A's so far) and I'm ready to get to work. For the last five years, I've run my business consulting firm Nobody Greater LLC specializing in business development, marketing, and strategic system development, in addition to creating and coordinating my podcast Your Voice; Your Power with Anika, a conference series ImfluaXion Conference and founding a nonprofit Infinite Women's Network. This year, I became the Chair of the SIOP-Learning Resources for Practitioners committee and it has kept me busy. I consider myself a transplant from clinical psychology as I spent 20 years in corrections, child welfare, addiction, mental health, and long-term care. As an active duty military spouse, I had to find a career that was mobile so my consulting firm was born.
At this time I am looking to #learn how to integrate my new knowledge of IO-psychology with my old "clinical" knowledge to reinvent my consulting firm to offer more IO services. My dissertation research is on the departure of African American women from corporate and the rise of minority-owned businesses based on toxic leadership. I would love to focus more on the training and development of organizational leaders yet struggle to market these services. I can build businesses complete with incorporation, services, marketing strategies, and system development for everyone but myself! I own a white-labeled LMS system that I've added all of my talks, content and resources in yet I am paralyzed by insecurity when sharing with the world.
I can #teach branding, marketing, business development, and strategic system development with my eyes closed. I love designing websites, assessments, graphics, and systems for business owners. I research software and systems and analyze organizational needs to provide leaders with the most efficient tools to facilitate products and services with ease.
I am excited to be here and look forward to learning and growing with each of you. Thank you for all of the knowledge and skills shared within this organization. It is refreshing.
P.S. @natasha I believe we met on a recent conference call.