Thanks for participating in SCP Forum. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation. By joining and using the forum, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve forum discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. To preserve a climate that encourages both respectful and fruitful dialogue, the Society of Consulting Psychology reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all forum for members who violate these rules.
- Don’t challenge or attack others. The discussions on the forum are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them. Unless you are posting it on one of the resource threads.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a post message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- The SCP Forum is for current SCP members only. Please do not reproduce/send materials from the forum to others.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate topic(s). Do not spam several topics with the same message.
- When adding a new topic to the forum state concisely and clearly your subject in the topic title line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by topic.
Hello Patti and SCP members. Have you heard about Patagonia's recent story twist, how the founder decided to retire and created a two entity ownership of his company that would ensure that his (Yvon Chouinard) values would be forever instilled and installed in the company. It is a rather brilliant new foundational business entity that has created significant buzz in diverse communities, including financial. More importantly, this new business entity will keep Patagonia going in the same direction in perpetuity. Check out the story about why "Earth is Now Our Only Shareholder", at Patagonia. I for one believe this should be our new world mantra going forward. Hans 🌹
By the way, when the system sends an email for you to confirm your "subscription" to a thread and I click on it, I personally do not want to be taken back to the SCP site. I was already on the site and that's how i sent the subscription request in the first place. So I don't need to be taken back there and have another browser window created for SCP.
If there is a way to make that confirm without taking us back to the SCP site, I'd prefer that. Subscription is kind of a weird term to use when signing up to see emails for a thread. It's more of a thread sign up to me. But hey, why am i getting involved in this nitty gritty stuff anyway!
I am just wondering if the forum is visible to the public or private?